Perfect for the Gardener or Host who enjoys cooking and baking and doesn't have mature fruit trees.
Included is a specially selected range of seeds to grow, (some of them unusual) annual productive plants with an interesting variety of looks and flavors.
It does not require a lot of space to make an annual fruit garden. A simple raised bed or integrating berry or melon plants into garden borders works well. Most can be grown in containers or pots on a patio or balcony. Start in fall indoors for spring planting.
Collection includes individually packages seeds with growing guidelines.
- Poha Berry Physalis peruviana - tangy-sweet, slightly tart fruits; good fresh or cooked; desserts, salad, pies, jams, drinks; 70-80 days
- Sugar Baby Watermelon - sweet, fine-textured; small 6-8" fruit; good fresh, sorbet, desserts; 75 Days
- Burbanks True Sun Berry Wonderberries Solanum retroflexum var Burbankii - slightly sweet, dull blue berries; good fresh or cooked. pies, jams, juicing; 50-75 days.
- True Garden Huckleberries Solanum melanocerasum - somewhat bland; small blue-purple fruit; best cooked; syrup, pies, jams, booze 50-75 days.
- Litchi Tomatos Solanum sisymbriifolium - dark red cherry-size berries, distinctive flavor of sour cherries and watermelon; good fresh or cooked; fruit tarts, jams and sauces, sorbets, wine; 90 days
- Sugar Melon Minnesota Midget Cucumis Melo - juicy, sweet; small 4-5" fruit; good fresh, sorbet, desserts; 65 Days
-- 6 small wooden plant markers
Comes in a sturdy Bio-degradable Kraft Gift Box with decorative belly band.
Seed count is 15 - 50 per pack depending on variety. Start seeds early indoors!